NVIDIA released the GeForce Game Ready 471.11 WHQL drivers yesterday which finally brings RTX raytracing and DLSS in DOOM Eternal, along with many other games also getting RTX support as well. The latest GeForce Game Ready driver update also brings support for several G-Sync compatible displays.
DOOM Eternal is probably one of the bigger titles to support NVIDIA’s Raytracing technology and GeForce Game Ready 471.11 WHQL drivers enable those in-game. LEGO Builder’s Journey, Rust, and F1 2021 are also receiving DLSS support in this update.
The GeForce Game Ready 471.11 WHQL drivers also bring DLSS Linux support to Proton. NVIDIA DLSS support for Vulkan API games is now available on Proton, enabling Linux gamers to use the dedicated AI Tensor Cores of their GeForce RTX GPUs to accelerate frame rates in DOOM Eternal, No Man’s Sky, and Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Support for DLSS-enhanced DirectX titles running via Proton will follow this Fall.
Below we have listed the complete patch notes for the Game Ready 471.11 WHQL drivers.
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 980M]: The system locks with a black screen upon booting into Windows.
- no repro with 457.51. 
- [Surround][GeForce RTX 3090]: With Surround active, setting Bezel Correction disables
- [Crossfire][GeForce Experience][FreeStyle]: Freestyle might not work on Crossfire after the
- game is updated. 
- [HDR]: Some specific HDMI displays might show some flickering in HDR mode. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU
- hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: Colors may appear incorrect in games if sharpen Freestyle filter is
- used with HDR enabled. 
- The display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode 
- DisplayPort monitor may not wake from sleep when connected in extended mode with an
- HDMI 2.1 display that is powered off. 
NVIDIA Game Ready 471.11 WHQL Windows 10 Issues
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color.
The NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 471.11 WHQL driver can be downloaded by clicking here.
The post RayTracing and DLSS Support is now Live for Doom Eternal with the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 471.11 WHQL Drivers appeared first on GamesHedge.