Developer Monochrome and publisher Hatinh Interactive’s haunting puzzle platformer, Tandem A Tale of Shadows will be releasing on PC and consoles later this year. The game was unveiled during the Gamespot Play for All Showcase earlier this month.
In the game, you follow an intelligent, strong-willed girl called Emma and an eccentric, anthropomorphized teddy bear called Fenton as they investigate the disappearance of Thomas Kane, the only son of the famous family of illusionists.
Check out Tandem A Tale of Shadows trailer below:
Both Emma and Fenton work in tandem, where Fenton observes Emma and is ready to leap in to help her progress. The switch between the two characters is immediate, so there is no need to talk to each other. As Emma creates the solid shadow on which Fenton can move on, he will be able to jump towards the next door.
Emma in her dimension creates shadows, while Fenton unlocks the levels that will allow them both to progress.
- Stunning Art Direction: Discover a playful and frightening universe inspired by Jules Vernes, Conan Doyle, Tim Burton and Victorian era architecture.
- Clever Puzzles: Solve over forty puzzles and obstacles in order to unravel the mystery surrounding Thomas Kane’s disappearance.
- Dual Gameplay: Swap perspectives between Emma and Fenton. Light up the scene and cast shadows as Emma from a top-down view. Walk on shadows projected by Emma’s lantern from Fenton’s side-scroller view.
- Fight with Strategy: Players will face mechanical toy-like enemies and bosses throughout each dimension. Since Emma’s strategy is not to attack, players must rely on their wit to move forward.
- Narrative-Driven Adventure: Players are invited to discover many fun, creative and very elaborate cutscenes. Clever players will find the hidden rooms which will reveal the clues that will teach them more about the disappearance of Thomas Kane.
- Diverse Mechanics: Push or pull objects to create shadows. Use alarms and traps to your advantage. Tandem features a variety of interactive elements for players to experiment with.
The post Tandem A Tale of Shadows is a New Haunting Puzzle-Platformer Releasing This Year appeared first on GamesHedge.